The School looks for Field Instructors to do the following:
- Orient the student to the agency, clientele and community.
- Develop a learning contract outlining the student’s learning activities and objectives with the student.
- Select and make available to the student practice experiences and opportunities in the agency.
- Provide on-going (ad-hoc or scheduled) support and supervision to the student
- Provide opportunities for the student to observe the instructor's work and to engage in follow up discussions based on the observation.
- Facilitate observation of and work experience with other workers.
- Provide on-going feedback in addition to the formal evaluations.
- Communicate with the Faculty Advisor
- When possible, attend Field Instruction Seminars held at the School during the Fall and Winter terms.