Advantages of being a Social Work Field Instructor with York University:
- Valuable experience in mentorship and supervision.
- A library card granting on-line and on-site access to York University libraries.
- Option to purchase at a reduced rate an athletic facilities pass, which will permit the use of York University athletic facilities, programs and services.
- Representation on the Practicum Committee. *Please contact the Field Education Manager if you are interested in this or interested in attending some meetings as a consultant.
- Invitations to Professional Development workshops such as: Narrative Therapy, Stigma of Mental Health in Children, Race & Racism in Canada, Critical Theories, etc.
- Field Instruction may be used towards the Continuing Competency Program that registered social workers with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers must complete yearly.
- After 3 consecutive years of Field supervision, Field Instructors can apply for Adjunct Faculty status. *Please see adjunct faculty tab for further information.
- Potential of Faculty Advising Contract for experienced Field Instructors.